Thursday, February 9, 2012

February Knits

Ten month ago, I found an amazing sweater pattern on Ravelry and thought I had just the right yarn for it. It was left over from another project and seemed perfect. I would finally be able to knit myself a pullover and wouldn't even have to spend money on new yarn!

But of course it was too good to be true.. After knitting a few swatches it was clear that the cotton yarn I had was just not working with the pattern. It was way to smooth and didn't create the depth I wanted. It was so disappointing..

The pattern I'm talking about is Shibuya by Cirilia Rose. You have to admit, it's everything a short-sleeved knit pullover should be..

 © Berroco Inc.

Now, almost a year later, I realized that I still have Jamie's sweater project, which I started years ago and never finished. I had about 6-7 inches done when Jamie finally told me he doesn't like the pattern.. I planned on knitting it anyway and forcing him to wear it, but never found the motivation to continue.

So.. Jamie's pullover is now officially frogged and the yarn currently in process of being 'recycled'! It's sick, it fits the pattern exactly to the point - gauge, weight, everything! Why did I wait so long?!

I started to knit the back last week, I finished the waist and am on my way to the armholes already! The pattern is really easy to remember and surprisingly quick to knit. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this project will progress.

Over 12 inches done!

© Interweave
A few weeks before this, I actually started The Scent of Lavender by Stephanie van der Linden; it's from her book Around the World in Knitted Socks.

Even though, I really like the gray of their example I chose to use the blue Lang Yarns sock yarn I already had here.

For some reason I seem to be in a little 'lace-knit' mood right now.. ?

Unfortunately these socks will have to be put on hold until Shibuya is finished.. I'm planning on making them a present for my sister's birthday, which is in May, so I should have enough time still.



Well, this is it for this month. I hope I can find some free hours to continue knitting soon..
Five weeks until Spring Break!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment