Friday, March 2, 2012

Favorite Pattern Friday - Knitted Doilies

Doilies are nothing new to me; I crocheted more than 20 different designs during the last year. Most of them were made for family members as birthday or Christmas presents. I even sold one of them on Etsy once. At the moment I have one WIP hibernating in a corner somewhere.. It's really pretty, especially in the dark red thread, but I just can't get myself to crochet the last 2-3 rows right now.. blaeeh..

Some of my Doilies
I spend hours crocheting all of these and really enjoyed it, but for some reason the idea of knitting a doily really frightens me. I don't know why, it just seems so extremely complicated. I prefer other people making them and me looking at the pictures. Maybe I'll surprise myself and try it one day; until then: Pictures!


Knit Flower Doily by Coats & Clark   free!
Published in Coats & Clark
Coats & Clark

This one is still nice and cute..

Doily with Spiral by Verlag Otto Beyer Design Team   free!
Published in Yarn Over
Photo by Talsu
But then it gets to a point where I just can't follow anymore..


Stor Lysedug by Vintage   free!
Published in Yarn Over 
Photo by muumi
128 rows of crazy! Unbelievable.. I would never have the patience..
 

What do you think? Would you try it?
Maybe you already have?

No comments:

Post a Comment